Wednesday 8 July 2009

Musical Interlude

Two bands this time around. One is a blues rock artist called Joe Bonamassa. This fler plays the guitar and his playing sounds like another blues maestro, Eric Johnson. Saw his article in Seeva's old guitar magazine and decided to youtube his videos (always the best place to check out songs). And this was the first song we came across and it's called The Ballad of John Henry.

Massively heavy blues rock and fuckin awesome vocals and this is one song that blew me away the first time around. This song is a cover of a very old song though. But I love the way Bonamassa brings his own thing into the song.





The next band is one which I found out only by reading The Star. It's a superband with Chili Peppers' drummer Chad Smith, guitar virtuoso Joe Satriani, and Sammy Hagar and Mike Anthony, both former members of Van Halen. This band is called Chickenfoot. No shit. I kid you not.

Some of the songs I checked out (again) on youtube were pretty awesome. If you're expecting a Joe Satch show or a Van Halen or a RHCP show, this is not it. Joe Satch holds back alot and doesnt show off much, though same cant be said for Chado (who btw is my biggest drumming influence) because it's well, Chad. Songs are a mix of rock and roll and there are traces of funk, possibly due to Chad's drumming. Currently the top independant band on Billboard, I think this is a big middle finger/big fuck you to all other rock bands who are posers. Here's a song called Oh Yeah!





ps: A small announcement. Andy Timmons will be having a guitar clinic at Bentley at The Curve on I can't remember when. So if any guitarists are reading this, here's a lil something for you.

4 comments:

100:1-100:11 said...

Joe Bonamassa eh? Nice song.
haha, give me the hammer dat kill John Henry.

em..whu is he?

Tinesh said...

Haha I have no idea dude. Supposedly he's the average man la. But I dunno lol. Im still trying to answer the question haha

3kC said...

billboards? Really? Wow...your researcher must be pretty awesome dont you think? Loooooooooool!

Tinesh said...

yes my researcher is awessssssomee!!