Wednesday 19 March 2008

Desert Island 5

So was tagged by Don Kerp. Purpose of this tag is to name the 5 albums you would looooove to have if you're deserted in an island. Only 5 albums of any kind. NO COMPILATIONS!!! Here's my 5:






Red Hot Chili Peppers' Californication. John Frusciante's comeback led the band to one of their biggest hits..Dude had to relearn the guitar after losing finger dexterity to heroin..Tough choice since Peppers are my favouritest band.







Dream Theater's Systematic Chaos is their 9th and latest studio album and I have been layaning this more than anything else, so yeah.





Title song itself would give me the energy to live another day in the island..Cliff Burton's (RIP) last album before his death..






Apparently this is Led Zep's fourth album cover..Hmm..Anywayz yes, it's Led Zep and its Led Zep IV..Nothing else to say..





Rage Against The Machine's Battle of Los Angeles simply because Alt-Funk and Tom Morello..Tough choice because I love all their songs..

Well then, these are my 5 albums I wanna be stuck in an island with. On a related but different note, the chick I would like to be stranded with in an island right at this moment would be Che'nelle..Mamma mia! The girl is FYNNNEEEE!!!!

I tag CD, 3kc and Denise..

9 comments:

Kerp (Ph.D) said...

whooaaa...i'm impressed la gang with your selection. good shit we've got here i tell ya. but am a little surprised for a RHCP fan, you chose californication ahead of Blood Sugar Sex Magik.

Master Of Puppets- fav songs; the title track itself. Welcome Home Sanitarium, Orion.

and che'nelle would be a perfect sex slave for ya...hehehehe

thanks man. those liverpool dudes are doing another tag, will sure to reach our blogs eventually. stay prepared.

Tinesh said...

I will be..Nola it was my first intro to them..I was 12 and i heard d song on radio and it was one of the prime reasons for me to leave boybands behind hehe..

And BSSM is great but Cali has this thing to it which i cant really explain la..Mostly it's like the rebirth of RHCP and John Frusciante

Tinesh said...

And yes, I am gonna make plans to "accidentally" bump into Che'nelle when I transfer to the States hehe

3kC said...

why?!?!?!? why must you torment me?!?!? only 5?!?!?!? FIVE!! hahahahah!!! so hard! but fine. lol. i shall go and think. really really hard..FIVE! lol...can i put like 10? LOL

3kC said...

ok!! i did it! hahahahah! you better go check it! or im gonna whack you like crazy. hahahaha

anfield devotee said...

RE: Led Zep IV cover
After the critical mauling the band got fer the acoustic Led Zep III, the band decided to release an album with absolutely no fanfare or fancy cover artwork. In fact, there wasn't even a 'Led Zeppelin' on it, nevermind a title.

Of course, Atlantic records were fooking horrified. Zep were their biggest selling artists (stat - in 1975 - Led Zep accounted fer nearly 70% of all albums sold in the US!!!). So they managed to get Zep to agree on a sticker on the LP cover which had the four pagan/rune symbols of each member & also the words , 'Led Zeppelin'. There is no official title, hence the album is known as Led Zep IV coz its the fourth instalment; or 'Four Symbols' due to the sticker; or simply 'Untitled'.

There you have it . . . sorry fer being a bit long winded.

ps: If you love this band, you MUST read Hammer Of The Gods by Stephen Davis.

Tinesh said...

Thank you Uncle B! Will try and get Hammer of the Gods..Any idea where I can get it from?

Anonymous said...

LOVE Metallica's 'Master of Puppets' album. I'd take that with me on a deserted island too.

anfield devotee said...

have to order via Borders or Kino . . . or any other reputable online bookstore.